Thursday, January 2, 2014

Adventure

Over Christmas break I got to meet up with a TON of friends of mine that I never get to see anymore. We all live in different towns, whether it be an hour away, or on the other side of the country. It's been such a huge blessing to be able to make time for all of them. I have some of the greatest friends in the entire world.

I also got to see my grandparents several times (all of them!) which has been really cool. They tell cool stories from way back when they were kids. They always have something interesting to say. :) Oh, and tonight we had a fish fry at papa and grandma's! Those are always special. We've done those ever since before I can remember, and it's my favorite meal in the entire world. Partly because it's so freaking delicious, and also because I really enjoy spending time with my grandparents. It's also very nostalgic for me. Hot summer nights hanging out at papa and grandma's eating fish and corn bread. Then sitting on the front porch swing as the sun sets behind the high school across the street just chatting about life. Playing with Barney in the backyard, and giving him hugs, and taking him for walks. Walking to the corner store around the block to get a newspaper and some bubble gum. Some of my favorite memories are with them.

One last thing: my friend Courtnie does this word of the year thing, and I've been playing with the idea of doing it myself. I've been trying to come up with a word for this year, and I really think I want that word to be Adventure. Luke has kind of inspired me to be more adventurous, and I really think that would be something good to focus on this year. Last year had some really cool moments, but a lot of it I spent worried or stressed out about school. I'm so sick of being stressed out over something as stupid as school. I know, I know, my future blah blah blah, but you know what? It's not worth hating my life over. I won't let school get me down anymore. DID YOU HEAR THAT?! I WON'T LET SCHOOL GET ME DOWN ANYMORE! So there's that. I'm going to focus on doing new things with Luke. Taking day trips to new places to explore, and do new things. I know that life is what you make it, so I'm going to make mine even better. I have too many down days to be acceptable, and I won't let that be an issue anymore. So in the words of Bilbo Baggins, "I'm going on an adventure." 

No comments:

Post a Comment