Friday, January 29, 2016

1/28/2016

I spent the day sunbathing by the pool of a mansion in Bakersfield, California. I read a few chapters of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and drank Cherry Coke. It was a really lovely afternoon. I even have tan lines!

Let me back up. Why am I at a mansion in Bakersfield, California? Well, I'm on tour with Of Course Not, and have been on the road for about 3 weeks now. We've been in California for the past week, and it has been insanely awesome. We met the lady that lives here in Bakersfield two and a half years ago when we toured through with Foreverlin. She's such a nice lady, and takes really good care of us. We love visiting.

Anyway, in the past three weeks we've seen snow, ice, flat land, hills, mountains, desert, ocean, and 70 degree weather. I've been wearing shorts for the past week. It has been amazing.

I really miss Ellie, though. She's been staying with my parents this month. She's been having a great time, but I miss her dearly. I feel so bad leaving her there, but she really hates being on the road. She doesn't like car rides, and her mutt muffs don't fit super well. She's better off with them. Plus, she loves it, and she loves Bunker, and she loves all of the attention she gets. She's spoiled. Haha.

I also got the news today that the doctors are stopping grandpa's treatments. They basically just want him to be comfortable, and that he has about six months. It is sad. I'm sad. I don't know how to handle it. I had been preparing for this news because I knew it was bound to happen. I mean, he has cancer. Obviously, we would get this news. It still just hits hard, and it makes it worse not being around. I'm still about a week and a half from home, and I'll only be there for 4 days when we get back. It's like I'm fighting time, too. It's just hard. I know he and grandma want me to be following my dreams, and doing what makes me happy, but I still feel guilty not being around. I barely got to see them the last time I was home because we were wedding planning, and then honeymooning, and then it was Christmas. They didn't even come to my wedding, and grandma totally forgot that it even happened. So that sucked. I just don't even know. I am just really upset that this is happening. Grandpa was like a second dad. We spent so much time with him growing up. He took us hiking, and to the park, and the zoo. He taught me about all of the animals that lived at the zoo, and about nature. It's where I learned how to love all of the animals. He'd tell us stories on the porch swing, and we'd make up songs, and play games. We'd have a fish fry almost weekly during the summer, and stay up late watching movies, and eating ice cream. Then we'd wake up early and walk to the corner store to get a newspaper, and some gum or Spree. Man, we had some good times. It's what I will always hold on to. He and grandma gave me a couple of rings that he gave her years and years ago. I love them so much. I'm so glad they did. I guess I'm just going to try to spend as much time with them as I can, and what happens happens.

I'm going to continue watching Modern Family now. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment