Thursday, November 14, 2013

Make every second last

Guys. I'm finally enrolled in my final semester of college EVER. I only have three classes left, and then I'll be out of there faster than Mario runs when he's got Star Power. I can not even wait to be done. You don't even know how much of a relief that will be. People always tell me that I'm going to miss school when I'm out in the "real world". But you know what? I'm looking forward to having a steady job, and no longer worrying about homework while I'm at home. I worked a steady job for almost 3 years, and it was hectic because I was in school at the same time, but summers were my favorite still. I worked regular 8 hour days, but I could go home and chill after work or even leave town that night to be back in the morning for my next work day. I had weekends completely free, and that's what I'm most looking forward to. I've been teaching voice and piano lessons this year, and it's helping me to pay my bills plus a little bit left over each month, which is GREAT. But I'm contemplating just getting 2-3 more students to actually be able to SAVE money since I'm going to have to start paying back my school loans next December. I'm not looking forward to that at all, but it's a stupid fact of life, so I need either a "big kid" job or more students for lessons. I'll figure it out. I always do.

I've been trying to be more positive lately, and have a better outlook on life. It's hard when you hate school so much and feel like you're wasting your time, but I'm trying. I've been playing piano more lately, and that helps. +Luke DeWitt and I have been playing a TON of Mario Kart and watching a TON of Breaking Bad (seriously if you spoil it for me, I will kick you in your knee cap). Mario Kart RULES, and is quite the stress reliever. I get to take my frustration out on the competition in a healthy and positive way. Luigi is da best. And Breaking Bad is freaking intense. I'm so glad Luke is watching it with me because there's no way I could make it through that show by myself. Haha.

Monday after class Luke and I made the best chicken enchiladas ever. I had the last bit of the leftovers today, and my taste buds were so happy. MMMMMM.

Also, I guess since it's November and everyone is doing the whole "What I'm Thankful For" thing, I suppose I'll jump on the bandwagon. But I'm not only thankful for it since it's November. I'm thankful EVERY SINGLE DAY I just don't post about it online.

1. My fabulous family
They are seriously the best family a girl could ask for. My parents are so loving and odd, yet completely normal to me. I love it and I truly appreciate all they do for me. And my brother rules. He's not perfect and obviously we still argue sometimes, but you know what? He's my brother and one of my best friends in the entire world. 

2. Luke DeWitt. 
He is my absolute best friend ever, and I love him so much. Our relationship is built on friendship and love and trust, and he's so funny. Also, it's pretty sweet that we're in a band together. I mean how many couples are in the same band?! 

3. My Solace family 
They are my second family, and basically took me and Luke in this past year. I feel so blessed to have such a close group of friends here in Joplin, and I love each one of them dearly. 

4. My dog Bunker

Seriously. Look at him. He's so freaking cute. He's absolutely hilarious, and really cuddly when I go home. I LOVE MY DOG SO MUCH. And I miss him! I wish he could just live with me in Joplin! 

5. Of Course Not
I put my heart and soul into this band. I seriously love these guys and I love playing music with them so often! 

Well, I'll add more to this list later. My laptop is being dumb. PEACE OUT, HOMIES. 



No comments:

Post a Comment