Thursday, June 7, 2018

June 07, 2018

I feel like I have so much to talk about, but I don't know where to start so I guess I'll just start.

I'm sitting in my new office space in our house right now. I have lights up around the window, and my grandpa's old desk. It's so cozy, and I love it. My grandparents' house in Independence sold last week. Actually really quickly. It was kind of crazy, and the timing couldn't have been better. My whole family was together the weekend before because my cousin got married in Kansas City, so my siblings came up from Texas. We all went to my grandparents' house one last time to get the rest of what we wanted, and to say goodbye. Which brings me to this desk. It's green, and it's old, and it's BEAUTIFUL. I love it so much. I used to sit at it as a little kid, and draw pictures or write notes. I'm so happy I get to keep it and actually use it in my own house. <3 p="">
Granger put out our second single a few weeks ago called All My Friends Have Wi-Fi (And So Do Most Of My Neighbors), and we got a pretty good response from it. Small numbers, but genuine comments. That's important. I'm really excited about it because it's been stuck in my head for MONTHS, and it's finally out into the world. We're planning to release the whole album hopefully by the end of this summer, and I can't freaking WAIT. It's very important to me, but I already talked about that in my last blog. From SIX MONTHS AGO. Whoops. Oh well.

This year has been good to me so far. I decided at Christmas that I was going to stop drinking pop, shed some pounds, and really work on myself. I'm freaking STOKED to say that I've lost 25 pounds this year already. HOLY COW THAT'S A LOT. I was thinking I was stuck at 20, but just realized it's actually 25. I'm super excited about it, and honestly a little embarrassed I let it get so out of hand, but YA KNOW. Last year was pretty awful for my mental health, and that's just what happens sometimes. I've been more conscious about what I eat, and have been WAY more active this year. It's done WONDERS for my head space, and I feel so much better about the way I look and the way I feel. WOO!

My job still rules. I'm still VERY happy with where I work, what I do, who I work with. It's lovely. And especially during the summers because we only have 4 day work weeks. It's CRAZY. Also, the perks with this job are just incredible. Last weekend Luke and I went to Silver Dollar City for FREE because we work for a university. It's legit. I can see myself being very happy here for quite a while. Luke is over in IT, and that's LOVELY because I can just complain to him when I have problems with my computer haha. It's very handy to have a husband in IT. Also, everyone in my department is SO NICE. Like, I've never worked somewhere where literally everyone is good to each other. It's drama free, everyone is super chill, and also hilarious. I. LOVE. IT. I also get asked my opinion on products to sell or a good way to do some task. Idk, but it's so nice being useful and appreciated. YES YES YES.

This week is also the first week that Luke and I live ALONE. Oh my goodness, I am SO excited. I'm completely 100% over having roommates. It's the first time in our married life that we've been alone. So that's WONDERFUL. It's lame paying for everything ourselves, but MAN. It's gonna be worth it. Also, this is ridiculous, but we have a 4 bedroom/2bath house, and it is completely unnecessary, but hey! It's a GREAT price, and I love this house and our location so WOOHOO. We each get our shared bedroom, our own space, AND a guest room lol. We'll have to start playing Marco Polo to find each other. Hahahahaha. I'm pumped.

Alright, that's about all I have for tonight. My laptop is gonna die soon, and I'm too lazy to plug it in so LATER GATOR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment